Thursday, June 10, 2010

It's about time.....

The time finally came that our boy was able to be weaned off the extra oxygen and was able to keep saturated on room air! We went to the nursery as soon as we could after hearing that news! It was so nice to finally be able to hold our baby! He was so wide awake and alert, checking all of us out. Drayven watched him, and just broke into giggles! It was so cute. I'm not quite sure what it was that he thought was so funny, but listening to him giggle while watching him watch his brother.......one of the best moments of my life.

So even though Cam was able to leave his "bubble," he still needed to be monitored in the nursery for about 12 hours. He's still there now, and is about halfway through his 12 hour monitoring period. I told his nurse that I didn't care what time it was that his "shift" was done down there; please bring him to my room as soon as he was able! He is so precious. The differences between the two boys still baffles me though, at least physically. Since we haven't gotten to spend much time with Cam, his personality is still a mystery. Maybe Cam will be as laid back as his brother? That might be wishful thinking. But after all this crazy waiting - it truly seems like an eternity ago that we came in to have this baby - I don't care, and am just ready to be his mom.




No comments: